ROYAL BABY NEWS: Harry cancels important trip to Netherlands for royal birth!
By Frances Sheen
May 03 2019
Prince Harry's trip to the Netherlands next week has been cut short - due to the royal baby!
The visit, which was due to take place on 8 May and 9 May, will now only be a day trip and Harry will just travel to The Hague to launch the one year countdown to the Invictus Games in 2020.
Many thought that Harry's planed trip was a sign that Meghan had already given birth and the baby was being kept a secret from the world - but now it suggests Harry and Meghan are still waiting.
A spokesman announced: "Due to the logistical planning for the travelling press to cover visits and engagements by The Royal Family, we have taken the decision to postpone The Duke of Sussex's scheduled visit to Amsterdam on Wednesday 8 May 2019."
"The Duke is currently scheduled to travel to The Hague on Thursday 9 May for the launch of the Invictus Games The Hague 2020 as planned."
The news comes just as the world awaits the arrival of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's first baby, which is due any moment now.
It is believed that the Duchess is nearly a week overdue, although she has only ever said that her baby was due at "the end of April, beginning of May".
Last month, Prince Harry and Meghan revealed they are keeping the plans of the birth private.
However, it is understood that the media will be told when she is in labour.
A statement announced, "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby.
"Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family."